ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Extension Course
Add ISO 27001:2022 to your already existing certification with this ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Extension Course.
The program provides you with the Knowledge of the Standard (including Annex A – Information Security Controls) and the practical application of that knowledge with Audit Scenarios to enable you, as Audit Team Leader, to undertake and manage Certification Audits.
Who should enrol in this course?
This ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Extension Course is for those who:
- wish to add ISO 27001 to their Lead Auditor Certification.
- wish to offer consultancy support in ISMS.
- want to understand the processes of conducting Certification Audits.
- wish to audit for Certification Bodies or Accreditation Boards.
- need to develop and implement an information security management system (ISMS) for your organization.
- are Management Representatives for their organization and/or are the Audit Programme Manager for internal audits.
- are required to perform supplier audits regarding information security aspects.
- wish to improve their career prospects.
What does the Course cover:
This comprehensive ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Extension course is divided into three Modules:
- Module 0: Introduction and background to the Standard and auditing
- Module 1: Knowledge of the Standard, ISO 27001 2022, Information Security Management Systems requirements
- Introduction to ISO 27001:2022
- Terms & Definitions – ISO 27001
- Fundamentals of Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
- Some Key aspects of ISMS Auditing
- Structure & content of ISO 27001:2022
- Parts 1, 2 & 3
- Part 4: Context of the organisation
- Part 5: Leadership
- Part 6: Planning for the ISMS (2 modules)
- Information Security Risk Assessment
- Guidance to Risk Analysis
- Risk Identification
- Risk Estimation
- Risk Evaluation
- Information Security Risk Treatment
- Information Security Objectives and planning to achieve them
- Part 7: Support (2 modules)
- Part 8: Operation
- Part 9: Performance evaluation
- Part 10: Improvement
- Advanced aspects of ISMS Auditing (3 modules)
- FAQs about the Standard
- ISO 27002:2022, Information security, cybersecurity and privacy protection – Information security controls (5 modules)
- ISO 27006:2015/Amd 1 2020, Security Techniques – Requirements for IS Certification Bodies
- Online Module Examination
- Module 2: Practice with Scenarios, based on actual audits and includes advice on dealing with awkward situations and individuals.
- Audit Scenarios – Internal Auditor
- More Audit Scenarios – Lead Implementers
- Yet more Audit Scenarios – Lead Auditors
- FAQs about the Auditing Experience
- Online Final Examination
- And with many FAQs answered.
What Course Materials are included?
The course materials for this ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Extension course include:
- Diagram: Auditor Certification Process
- Diagram: 6-Stage Audit Process
- Sample Code of Ethics
- Management of an Audit Programme
- Audit Plan example
- Audit Work Order example
- Nonconformity Report example
- Documented information in ISO 27001
- EU GDPR Full text
- Note: Information Assets
- Information security risk management process
- Information security risk treatment activity
- Chart of ISO 27001 Internal and External COTO Issues
- Stage 1 ISO 27001 Checklist of Critical Issues
- Stage 1 ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Checklist
- Sample Info Assets, SoA Risk Assessments, and Controls
- Sample Statement of Applicability
- Workbook for Annex A (SoA) Evidence recording
How is the Course delivered?
This ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Extension course is delivered online from our Learning Management System (LMS), which is provided and maintained by Inquisiq, the Award-winning Learning Management System.
All Lessons have a full resume and scaling capabilities. This means, for example, you can:
- Start a Lesson at work on your Work Station running on Windows 11,
- Continue the Lesson on the train home on your iPad running on iOS 15 and,
- Complete the Lesson at home on your Notebook PC running on Windows 10.
Are there any pre-qualifications required?
The minimum of a Secondary School Certificate (such as a High School Diploma, Baccalaureate or similar National Vocational Qualification) combined with 5 years’ work experience, with 2 at managerial/supervisory level, is recommended.
You do not have to provide us with any evidence of your qualifications and experience. However, if you do not meet these requirements, you can expect to struggle with this course.
Not sure if this is the best choice of
See our full list of ISO 27001 Courses by clicking on the image above or check out our answers to frequently asked questions about ISO 27001 to get a quick refresher overview of the standard and related training and certification information.
Have you tried this course?
Let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below!