ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Training Course Content
Be an internationally-certified Lead Auditor with our ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Training Course.
This course is for those wishing to participate in Certification Body and Registration Body auditing for Information Security Management System Requirements.
It provides you with the Auditing Skills, the Knowledge of the Standard (including Annex A – Information Security Controls) and the practical application of that knowledge with Audit Scenarios to enable you, as Audit Team Leader, to undertake and manage Certification Audits.
This ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Training Course is for:
- Prospective ISMS Consultants
- Business managers
- Compliance managers
- Supply Chain and Procurement managers
- Business Continuity managers
- IT managers
- Quality managers
- Project managers
- Emergency Planners
- Information Security managers
- ISO 22301 or ISO 27001 internal audit programme managers
- IT and other staff, including HR, legal, and business users.
- Risk managers
- Operations managers
- Those who wish to improve their career prospects
This comprehensive ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Training Course is divided into four Modules:
- Module 0: Introduction and background to the Standard and to auditing.
- Module 1: Auditing Skills based on the auditing standard ISO 19011:2018
- Auditing Skills
- Terms and definitions
- Principles of auditing
- Auditor skills
- Managing an audit programme
- Audit Team Leadership
- Overview of Audit activities
- Audit activities – Step 1
- Audit activities – Step 2
- Audit activities – Step 3 (2 modules)
- Audit activities – Step 4
- Audit activities – Step 5
- Audit Activities – Step 6
- FAQs about Auditing
- Online Module Examination
- Module 2: Knowledge of the Standard, ISO 27001 2013, Information Security Management Systems requirements
- Introduction to ISO 27001:2022
- Terms & Definitions – ISO 27001
- Fundamentals of Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
- Some Key aspects of ISMS Auditing
- Structure & content of ISO 27001:2022
- Parts 1, 2 & 3
- Part 4: Context of the organisation
- Part 5: Leadership
- Part 6: Planning for the ISMS (2 modules)
- Information Security Risk Assessment
- Guidance to Risk Analysis
- Risk Identification
- Risk Estimation
- Risk Evaluation
- Information Security Risk Treatment
- Information Security Objectives and planning to achieve them
- Part 7: Support (2 modules)
- Part 8: Operation
- Part 9: Performance evaluation
- Part 10: Improvement
- Advanced aspects of ISMS Auditing (3 modules)
- FAQs about the Standard
- ISO 27002:2022, Information security, cybersecurity and privacy protection — Information security controls (5 lessons)
- ISO 27006:2015/Amd 1 2020, Security Techniques – Requirements for IS Certification Bodies
- Online Module Examination
- Module 3: Practice with Scenarios, based on actual audits and includes advice on dealing with awkward situations and individuals.
- Audit Scenarios – Internal Auditor
- More Audit Scenarios – Lead Implementers
- Yet more Audit Scenarios – Lead Auditors
- FAQs about the Auditing Experience
- Online Final Examination
- And with many FAQs answered.
The course materials for this ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Training Course include:
- Diagram: Auditor Certification Process
- Diagram: 6-Stage Audit Process
- Sample Code of Ethics
- Management of an Audit Programme
- Audit Plan example
- Audit Work Order example
- Nonconformity Report example
- Documented information in ISO 27001
- EU GDPR fulltext
- Note: Information Assets
- Information security risk management process
- Information security risk treatment activity
- Chart of ISO 27001 Internal and External COTO Issues
- Stage 1 ISO 27001 Checklist of Critical Issues
- Stage 1 ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Checklist
- Sample Info Assets, SoA Risk Assessments and Controls
- Sample Statement of Applicability
- Workbook for Annex A (SoA) Evidence recording
The ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Training Course is delivered online from our Learning Management System (LMS), which is provided and maintained by Inquisiq, the Award-winning Learning Management System.
All Lessons have a full resume and scaling capabilities. This means, for example, you can:
- Start a Lesson at work on your Work Station running on Windows 8.1,
- Continue the Lesson on the train home on your iPad running on iOS 11 and,
- Complete the Lesson at home on your Notebook PC running on Windows 10.
The minimum of a Secondary School Certificate (such as a High School Diploma, Baccalaureate or similar National Vocational Qualification) combined with 5 years’ work experience, with 2 at managerial/supervisory level, is recommended.
You do not have to provide us with any evidence of your qualifications and experience. However, if you do not meet these requirements, you can expect to struggle with the Course.
Not sure if this is the best choice of Course?
See our full list of ISO 27001 Courses by clicking on the image above or check out our answers to frequently asked questions about ISO 27001 to get a quick refresher overview of the standard and related training and certification information.
ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Extension Course
ISO 27001 Internal Auditor Course
ISO 27001 Certification: 27 FAQs answered
Have you tried this course?
Let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below!