Auditing of Testing and Calibration Laboratories
This online ISO 17025 Internal Auditor Certification course provides you with the Auditing Skills, the Knowledge of the Standard (incl. Uncertainty of Measurement) and the practical application of that knowledge with Audit Scenarios to enable you to participate in their organization’s internal auditing to the requirements of the ISO 17025, Testing and Calibration Laboratory Management System (TCLMS).
After successfully completing the Course, the Learner will …
- Understand the requirements of the 2017 Standard including …
- The new and expanded requirements for Impartiality, Confidentiality and Complaints,
- The greater emphasis on Risk and Opportunity based on risk-based thinking,
- The introduction of Sampling to the Standard,
- Sampling uncertainty as a significant contributor to Measurement Uncertainty, in addition to analytical uncertainty,
- The possibility of for Sampling activities alone, and
- The detailed nature of Metrological Traceability.
- Have practiced with Scenarios to identify nonconformities, risks and opportunities and collection of improvement actions.
- Have a list of all instances where the revised Standard requires Documentation and Records.
This ISO 17025 internal auditor training course is intended for those who:
- wish to add ISO 17025:2017 to their Internal Auditor Certification,
- wish to perform TCLMS internal audits within your organisation,
- wish to improve your career prospects,
- wish to understand the processes of conducting TCLMS internal audit or external audits,
- It is also recommended for management involved in the audit process.
This ISO 17025 internal auditor training course is a comprehensive Program covering all aspects of Internal Auditing is divided into four Modules…
- Module 0: Introduction and background to the Standard and to auditing.
- Module 1: Auditing Skills to Internal Auditor Level and based on the auditing standard ISO 19011.
- Auditing Skills
- Terms and definitions
- Principles of auditing
- Auditor skills
- Overview of Audit activities
- Audit activities – Step 1
- Audit activities – Step 2
- Audit activities – Step 3 (2 modules)
- Audit activities – Step 4
- Audit activities – Step 5
- Audit Activities – Step 6
- FAQs about Auditing
- Online Course Examination
- Module 2: Knowledge of the Standard, ISO 17025:2017, General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories
- Introduction to ISO 17025:2017
- Terms & Definitions – ISO 17025:2017
- Some Key aspects of TCLMS Auditing
- Fundamentals of TCL Management Systems
- Structure & content of ISO 17025:2017
- Parts 1, 2 & 3
- Part 4: General Requirements, incl. impartiality (identify risks to impartiality) and confidentiality
- Part 5: Structural requirements -the physical infrastructure
- Part 6: Resource requirements – the personnel, environmental conditions, metrological traceability, etc.
- Part 7: Process requirements – sampling, testing, measurement uncertainty, reporting, complaints, etc.
- Part 8: Management System requirements, incl. actions to address risks and opportunities, and Documents and Records Management (incl LIMS).
- Advanced aspects of TCLMS Auditing (3 modules)
- FAQs about the Standard
- Online Course Examination
- Module 3: Practice with Scenarios, based on actual audits and includes advice on dealing with awkward situations and individuals.
- Audit Scenarios – Internal Auditor
- FAQs about the Auditing Experience
- Online Final Examination
The ISO 17025 internal auditor training course includes:
- Diagram: ISO Auditor Certification Process
- Diagram: 6-Stage Audit Process
- Sample Audit Plan
- Sample Audit Work Order
- Sample Nonconformity Report
- Terms & Definitions
- Typical Map of Operational Proceses of a Laboratory
All Modules have a full resume and scaling capabilities. This means, for example, you can…
- Start a Module at work on your Work Station running on Windows 10,
- Continue the Module on the train home on your iPad running on iOS 11
- Complete the Module at home on your Notebook PC running on Windows 8.1
A minimum of a Secondary School Certificate (such as a GCSE (UK), Standard Grade (Scotland), High School Diploma, Baccalaureate or similar National Vocational Qualification) combined with 2 years’ work experience is recommended for this ISO 17025 Internal Auditor Program.
You do not have to provide us with any evidence of your qualifications and experience. However, if you do not meet these requirements, you can expect to struggle with the Program.
Not sure this is the best ISO 17025 Course for you?
See our full list of ISO 17025 Courses by clicking on the image above or check out our answers to frequently asked questions about ISO 17025 to get a quick refresher overview of the standard and related training and certification information.
Have you tried this course?
Let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Course Certified?
Yes, deGRANDSON is an ISO 21001 certified educational organization certified by BQAI, an internationally accredited certification body.
ISO 21001 is a university grade standard used globally by schools, colleges, and universities. We are also certified to ISO 29993: 2017 (Learning services outside formal education and Service requirements) and ISO 29994:2021 (Education and learning services; Requirements for distance learning).
Are there corporate discounts?
Yes, details of discounts, based on numbers enrolled, can be found on the Corporate Discounts page.
How can I pay?
You can pay by Debit Card, Credit Card or PayPal during the Program Enrolment procedure. Click on this link to view the Payment Process.
Is there an Examination?
Yes. In addition to the Quizzes at the end of each Module, there is at the end of each Course (set of Modules/Lessons) a formal Examination. The decision to award a Certificate is based on the combined scores achieved. The Examinations are open-book (you can have the Standard and other notes open beside you), time-limited and taken online. There are no extra costs involved.
What do I get when I’ve completed the Program?
Once you have completed the Examination, your Certificate is immediately available to you. Your Certificate will e forwarded to you as an email attachment that you may print as often as you like. There is no time limit on the validity of your Certificate.
What else will I need to become a competent auditor?
Provided you have the required personal attributes, all you need to add is auditing experience.
Who can I contact for more information?
Just send an e-mail to [email protected] or, for other options, see Contact Us.